Tuesday 7 November 2006

Melbourne Cup Day

Usually Melbourne Cup Day is a bit of a big thing in my family and mum usually organises a group of ladies and we book a table at a function being held in one of the major hotels. Over the years we have gone to The Regent Hotel, The Sheraton On The Park, The Park Royal in Parramatta, Rosehill Racecourse. This year was at Rydges in Bass Hill. Since having kids things have changed and Karmen (my sister) and I have decided to take turns in going to the Melbourne Cup function, so this year was my year to babysit the kids. Firstly I had to take Riley & Kody to swimming lessons were both kids were awarded "Swimmer of the Week" in there seperate classes. I'm a proud mummy today. Karmen dropped her kids off to my place while I was at swimming, which meant that Uncle Darren had to spend some quality time with his niece and nephew. Riley, Kody and I were home shortly after. I gave Kody a bottle and put him to bed and then I took the others to the local McDonalds. Despite Karmen's initial concerns about Jack running off when getting out of the car, he was very well behaved. The kids had a ball at Macca's in the playland. They all had happy meals and got a free matching McDonald's cap. Upon our return home, we setup a table in the pergola and spent the afternoon making Christmas cards with stamps and ink pads, stickers, pencils and kindy glitz. Wow!! That was an eventful time. When Karmen arrived to pick Tayla & Jack up, Tayla was covered in gliiter while Jack had green hands from the stamp pad, but they both went home happy and with about half a dozen handmade Christmas cards. Mum always buys tickets in the sweeps for all the family and for a $0 investment we won $102.00. So we indulged and had yummy Chinese for dinner (leftovers for tomorrow night!!!) Ho ho ho ho he he he he he!!!!!

No comments: